This is a really simple, quick and delicious dessert that will really appeal to anyone who enjoys those old fashioned chocolate lime boiled sweets, and who doesn’t love those?
Serves 6-8 | 20 mins prep plus 4hrs chilling
- One pack chocolate Oreo cookies
- 150g digestive biscuits
- 60g melted butter
- 397g tin condensed milk, chilled
- 300 ml double cream
- Juice of 3-4 large limes – 175ml
- Grated zest of two large limes for the topping
- Bit of dark chocolate for grating over the top
You will also need: one 25cm fluted, loose bottomed flan tin
- Start by making the base. If you have a food processor, add the Oreos and digestives and blitz to a fine crumb. Add the melted butter and pulse again to combine. If you don’t have a food processor, just put the biscuits into a plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin until you get fine crumbs – you’ll probably need to do it in two batches. Then add the bisuits to a bowl, pour over the melted butter and stir to combine.
- Pour the mix into the flan tin and use your hands to press it down nice and flat on the bottom and up the sides. Refigerate for at least 30 mins and get on with making the filling.
- Remove the condensed milk from the fridge and pour into a large bowl. Whisk in the lime juice to combine and then add the double cream. Whisk using a hand held electric whisk or a regular balloon whisk for a few minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Pour the mix into the prepared tin and return to the fridge for about four hours.
- To serve, sprinkle over the lime zest and grate some dark chocolate over, then serve immediately.